Under general direction, develops and manages a centralized Facility Management Program including oversight of the operations of buildings and facilities in compliance with government regulations. Responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of facilities/maintenance initiatives, coordinating the inspection, general maintenance, and repair of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results. Manages the lab-wide Area Facility Manager team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and manages a centralized facility management program including oversight of the operations and maintenance of buildings and facilities in compliance with government regulations.
• Develop policies and procedures to institute and manage a Centralized Facility Management Program. Maintain facility budget and implement cost saving improvement measures.
• Develops staffing needs, assigns work for the Area Facility Managers across the Laboratory, establishes performance measures, provides managerial and technical oversight of the day-to-day facility operations and scheduling, and evaluates direct reports’ goals and objectives to provide Facilities Management services for all Fermilab facilities.
• Plan and implement major maintenance projects, coordinate field inspections, and work activities of the mechanical, electrical, and HVAC functions.
• Coordinates with Facilities Engineering Services Section (FESS) on the design, construction, commissioning, and transition to operation of new building projects, preventive maintenance programs and safety regulations pertaining to equipment and facilities.
• Evaluate, coordinate and procure required capital equipment and service agreements, work to ensure best-value pricing, make recommendations and maintain current asset records.
• Provides subject matter expertise, advice, and assistance to customers on Maintenance, alterations, and improvement programs; coordinates activities, and attend meetings on projects.
• Develops site-wide facility management data requirements and ensures reporting compliance, makes recommendations, and oversees maintenance of current asset records.
• Recommends required personnel actions for the subordinate group including, but not limited to, reviewing and approving attendance records, hiring, promotions, performance reviews disciplinary actions and terminations of employment.
• Performs or assist in long-range site and facility planning, feasibility studies, and review utility consumption to minimize cost.
• Inspect and monitor interior and exterior of buildings and parking lots to determine needed repairs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Abides by and is responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
Comp Job Description
Issue Date 9/11/09
Rev. Date: 3/24/14
Minimum required Education and Experience: Associate degree with a discipline in Engineering Technology, Building Science, or Construction Management and 10+ years of applicable experience or Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of applicable experience or equivalent.
Applicable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
Lockout Tagout (LOTO) knowledge required.
Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations including OSHA. Proficient in business applications and centralized maintenance systems
Excellent organizational, verbal & communications skills.
Knowledge of basic purchasing, accounting and record keeping.
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage teams
Certification in Project Management and engineering background and Auto-CAD experience preferred. Certified Facility Manager or Facilities Management Certificate desired.