AV Conference Technician
NEW YORK, NY /
CLIENT OPPORTUNITIES – FIRST AGENCY /
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
In this capacity, the ideal candidate would represent the FIRST brand as an implanted team member for a well-known technology company. The AV Conference Technician
will be responsible for providing white glove AV support to conference and meeting rooms throughout a new event center. The role is ideal for someone who has experience supporting video conferencing systems and has a deep understanding of presentation platforms like Google Slides, Keynote and Power Point. Experience engaging with C-suite executives and VIP’s is preferred along with a strong focus on customer service.
For events, the goal is to provide a seamless technology experience to all attendees, press and partners, as well as create a more efficient and reliable technical environment for the client. In this role you’ll work with internal teams as well as external clients on a daily basis.
- Assist with the technical production of mid-level events and assist in the hands-on delivery of all events.
- Kick off and provide fundamental A/V support for all conference rooms and meeting spaces in the event center.
- Set, strike, and operate basic AV equipment such as speakers, microphones, and display monitors in common areas.
- Meet and understand client expectations on issues, escalating when appropriate Liaise across different levels within the immediate team, the client’s organization.
- Assist with the building of staging and A/V set up on-site. Participate in creative team brainstorming sessions.
- Identify new and alternative ways of approaching FIRST’s technical production offering to clients.
- Assist event production spaces, if need be.
- 3+ years’ experience within the AV/ IT support industry.
- Must understand audio and video signal flows.
- Must be able to set, strike, and operate AV equipment such as, but not limited to: audio consoles, PA speakers, video switchers, display monitors, PTZ cameras, etc.
- Must have a deep understanding of video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Meets, etc.
- Must have a deep understanding of MS Office, Google Workspace, and common presentation software such as PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google slides.
- Prior experience in technical delivery of high-quality events is preferred.
- Solid communication and customer service skills are a must to build and maintain relationships with team members, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to prioritize while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities at once.
- Experience managing day-to-day changes with high attention to detail
- ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings.
- Work intelligently and ensure that team management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity.
- Build excellent relations with the team, clients, vendors, and key venues through positive communications.
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter.
- Work on ad hoc requests as required, typically during quiet times