Our client is home to the country’s premier High Energy Physics program and host to over 1500 physicists, scientists, engineers, and IT professionals from around the world. Fermilab offers a diverse and energetic professional setting for a challenging career.
Under general direction, plans and performs engineering tasks, which includes research, design, and development of small to medium engineering projects or portions of large projects in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations, requirements and standards, and all DOE orders. Assignments typically include: equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, coordination of manpower required to manufacture, and install/test projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Minimum Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s in an applicable Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution with 3+ years of engineering experience, or a Master’s or PhD in an applicable Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution with 1+ years of engineering experience.
Applicable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Fundamental knowledge of theories, concepts, principles, and methodology for the engineering discipline. Possess basic project planning skills in developing specifications and documents for small projects that involve concepts from inception to completion. Ability to perform a variety of standard engineering techniques.
- Analyzes data and performs engineering calculations. Develops designs of specific parts, components or phases of a project.
- Performs PLC programming, control systems design, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Designs and creates drawings for controls cabinets, wiring diagrams
- Develops specifications, designs, and documents for complex engineering design solutions. Work involves applying a variety of standard engineering techniques to assignments which have clear and specified objectives.
- Plans small projects from inception to completion and brings them to operating status.
- Participates in procurement, as well as manufacture, installation, testing, and operation.
- Assists in the development of cost estimates, as well as the monitoring of budgetary obligations.
- With review and approval of supervisor, commits hardware and financial resources, ensuring conformance to specifications and cost/time constraints.
- Serves on safety panels, review committees, and other subcommittees as assigned.
- Provides technical direction to draftspersons, designers, engineering associates, technicians or less senior engineers, as assigned.
- May participate in technical conferences and publication.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Abides by and is responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.