Paid Search Associate Director
Full-time, Permanent Role, Remote US
Our client, one of the Best Places to Work in the US four years running according to Ad Age is looking for a Paid Search Associate Director to join their rapidly expanding crew of 500+ digital marketeers. Their award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Toyota, Verizon, Forever 21, Marriott, Wienerschnitzel, or Papyrus you’ve heard of their clients. And they want you to join them in making their clients even better!
We’re looking for an Associate Director to join the rapidly expanding team that is the backbone of the company. You’ll directly manage a team of paid search experts that run search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns across both Google AdWords and Bing Ads. Your complex portfolio of clients will be fast-paced and high-growth clients that constantly challenge you, and with extensive experience and/or a proven track record, you could be working with some of their fastest-growing brands. You’ll be trusted to oversee all account activity, collaborate with managers from other channels, and come up with campaign strategies for your book of clients.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing a team of 4-6 paid search managers by guiding paid search media strategy, identifying account opportunities and obstacles, and developing communication skills
- Closely overseeing and facilitating the onboarding of new accounts that fall under direct reports
- Interfacing with direct reports’ clients to collect feedback, articulate value, present strategy and strengthen the relationship
- Supporting adoption of strategic initiatives in their account portfolio
- Directly support growth & retention on top accounts in portfolio
- Providing bi-annual performance reviews and customized professional development plans for direct reports
- Training paid search managers on all paid search fundamentals, including media planning, campaign building & optimizing, reporting, platform nuances, and data processing & analysis
- Coaching direct reports on foundational skills, including clear communication, expectation setting, rapport building, active listening and conflict de-escalation
- Supporting the training of new hires within your team of direct reports on multiple levels including specialist, associate manager and managers.
- Maintaining sufficient knowledge of core digital marketing channels, including social media, SEO, content marketing, email marketing and programmatic
- Assisting sales team on audits, decks and pitches for prospective paid search clients
- Report to your immediate Paid Search Director, Head of Paid Search and other upper executives on key client service pillars: same store growth, retention, new business and partnerships
- Identify critical client/account issues and escalate them to appropriate executives in timely manner
- Directly manage one high profile account to stay current on applicable technology, tactics and industry trends
- Using the account to test and learn new strategies, features and platforms and share findings with paid search department
What you bring:
- 4-6 years of experience working in paid media advertising comprising of media planning/buying in paid search within an agency/client environment
- Minimum of 2 years prior staff management with development and mentoring experience
- Extensive experience developing, optimizing, analyzing, and reporting on paid campaigns on search platforms (Google Ads, Bing, Yahoo Gemini, Criteo, etc.)
- Experienced with data analytical tools such as Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of competitor insight tools such as SEM Rush and/or Spyfu
- Strong working experience Google suite, Excel, Powerpoint, Keynote, Asana (project management)
- Experience with creating paid search customer acquisition campaigns for a diverse range of clients and verticals (Ecom/retail and lead gen preferred)
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations quickly
- Experience with high-growth or VC-backed brands a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Advertising, Marketing or related discipline
Sound like you and piqued your interest? Great - apply today!