Hearts’ marketing technology team consists of dedicated in-house tech-agnostic, data enablement specialists. The team partners closely with advertising & marketing technology companies to educate themselves, the agency and our clients about evolving solutions, identify opportunities and ensure a healthy and collaborative relationship. This team provides consultative and strategic guidance to clients on how to best leverage technologies and data to outpace their competition.
As an Associate Director on our Marketing Technology team, you will play a valuable role by guiding clients and agency teams through the cluttered and fragmented advertising and marketing technology landscape. Working across agency and client stakeholders, you’ll drive understanding our client’s business objectives and providing unique, data-enabling solutions through technology, people and process. You will be responsible for managing projects, executing deliverables, constantly learning ad tech and martech industry trends, contributions toward original thought leadership and creative, unique and measurable solutions to our agency and clients’ marketing and advertising challenges.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Data & Technical Acumen
- Maintaining in-depth expertise in the fast-evolving digital advertising & marketing technology landscape
- Understanding our client’s tech stack and its interoperability with Hearts products and client-owned technology
- Developing and executing project plans to onboard and integrate new or existing technology partners
- Demonstrating subject matter expertise specifically in how nuanced technical functions and process translate into the relevant business context at hand
Consultation & Collaboration
- Educating internal and client teams on technology benefits, capabilities and partners
- Cultivating healthy relationships with technology partners while also remaining agnostic when it comes to partner recommendations based on the client’s specific requirements
- Supporting Director in identifying and presenting best-in-class ad/mar technology stack recommendations—including partner recommendation, data flow, and platform integration design
- Communicate clearly with diverse audiences, including day-to-day clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions
- Serving as the agency-wide liaison between ad technology partners and internal teams to introduce beta opportunities, identify account opportunities, coordinate training and updates, and resolve service challenges
- Working collaboratively with a variety of internal functions, including Operations, Digital Audience Planning, Activation, Paid Search, Paid Social, and others to iterate toward most optimal solutions
- Providing weekly project status updates to management and escalating issues when necessary
Desired Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- If you have the skills and experience listed below and are someone who gets excited about applying and translating technical know-how to help solve business challenges, we’d love to meet you.
- 5+ years’ experience working with digital technologies like ad servers, data management platforms, identity solutions, ad verification, tag management, and dynamic creative
- A solid grasp on technical and business implications of ad technology, strong communication skills, and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional project management skills to manage deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, and presentation); and a consultative communication and work style with the ability to engage internal and external clients at all levels
- Above average critical-thinking and problem-solving skills as well as emotional intelligence to understand that solving business challenges with data is as much about relationships with people as it is technology
- Intimate knowledge of Google Marketing Platform (previously Doubleclick) tools, functionality, and technology
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL, data management platforms and mobile attribution technologies a plus
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through attainment of a Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science, information science, social science, or other technical and project management-driven business fields with skills
Hearts & Science offers a generous time off package including paid vacation, personal days, typically summer Fridays as well as other benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and great opportunities for growth.