Hearts & Science was created to address the unmet need state for innovation and disruption in media. As the first data driven agency, we recognized the need for brands to move at the speed of consumer and built our model around transformation. At our core, we are agents of change who mine and filter the chaos of our times to create brand experiences that deliver business value for our clients. From inception, we committed to fostering a modern culture where professionals would come to thrive. Five years later, this ingenuity still drives us.
Day to Day
As the Executive Director, Client Business Lead
you will play a critical role as the strategic thought leader and trusted advisor to client counterparts and represent the voice of the client within Hearts & Science. The role will oversee a pod of clients and client teams that will be focused on driving inspired media solutions. This position will necessitate an analytical and creative thinker with high EQ and a track record of leading high-performing integrated teams. The Client Business Leads are change drivers and innovators, who know when to take smart risks and make tough decisions to deliver results. They are inspiring and inclusive leaders who give their team with a track record of building and managing diverse "client-first" teams.
Strategic & Functional Lead
- Championing our clients’ brand and continually striving to find innovative solutions that yield business results
- Providing expertise and leadership in performance marketing, across all channels: traditional, digital and emerging media
- Capability to speak to and represent end to end marketing solutions for clients from strategy to investment and analytics
- Create an operationally and financially efficient working model based on client scope and desired profit margins
- Create a productive and inclusive environment where all voices are heard and recognized
- Articulate a clear and compelling vision to direct and maximize the team where all roles and responsibilities are well defined, understood and managed
- Effectively motivate, lead, and develop the team to maximize shared objectives
- Be an expert in conflict resolution internally and externally to deescalate situations and create positive outcomes
- Delivering, and leading the team to deliver, a high level of service to all clients
- Exhibiting sound business judgment to navigate through everyday client and team challenges
- Demonstrate strong decision-making capabilities to swiftly provide directive and perspective to the team when needed
- Meet if not exceed aligned on pod growth goals on a quarterly to annual basis
- Seek opportunities to identify organic growth opportunities within existing client sets
- Partner closely with our creative disciplines to bring inspired media solutions to our clients and incite business growth across Hearts and/or the OMG/OMC network
- Representing and promoting the interests of Hearts & Science internally and externally
- 12+ years marketing and media experience, as a category expert and business strategist
- 10+ years of previous experience managing and leading integrated teams
- Background in branding, direct response, and customer experience management in addition to hands-on experience in leading successful, performance-based strategic campaigns that drive cost-per-action results.
- Demonstrated experience leading a large ($100MM billings) client team or pod
- Experience managing budgets and a client P&L successfully with the ability to forecast and develop an integrated Account Plan, collaborating with our internal financial team
- Extensive knowledge of the media and marketing business, demonstrating depth in performance-based marketing results across all channels through ROI, analytics, strategic brand planning, and the buying and planning of National Media including TV, out of home, print, digital/online
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to articulate persuasive and cohesive presentations and points-of-view that ultimately close the sale
- Experience helping clients understand how to apply media thinking to their business effectively.
- Previous experience with creative agency desired
Hearts & Science, an agency within Omnicom Media Group, offers a generous time off package including paid vacation, personal days, summer Fridays as well as other benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and great opportunities for growth.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Hearts & Science, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages, and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints, and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiates us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Hearts & Science, we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability, or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience, and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.