Director, Paid Media Strategy (Entertainment)
Full-time, Permanent Role, Atlanta or New York
Our client, one of the Best Places to Work in the US four years running according to Ad Age is looking for a Director, Paid Media Strategy to join their rapidly expanding crew of 500+ digital marketeers. Their award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive and they want you to join them in making their clients even better!
As a Director of Media Strategy, you will serve as a key strategy lead within the agency, partnering with clients to address their business objectives through thoughtful integrated marketing strategy. You will set the strategic vision across paid media channels, inclusive of media mix, audience strategy, creative strategy and measurement, working closely with channel teams to bring the strategy to life and with Client Services to build and maintain strong client relationships.
This role is dynamic and combines extreme ownership and autonomous decision-making, client-facing, boardroom presence, and thoughtful, collaborative internal strategic planning and problem solving to ensure, as a team and a company, they are continuing to grow.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing a deep understand of client businesses, industries and competition
- Spearheading planning and strategy sessions with clients to understand KPIs, business goals and marketing goals
- Driving the development of cross-channel media strategies across Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic (Display, Video, OTT, Audio, DOOH), inclusive of media mix, budget allocation, audience architecture, creative strategy, KPI development and measurement frameworks
- Leading collaboration of internal channel teams on the execution of strategy
- The steward of budget for all paid media dollars, leading in-going media mix budget allocations, in-flight re-allocations based on performance and proposing plans for incremental and claw back scenarios
- Reviewing in-flight performance, ensuring teams are optimizing to target KPIs and proposing strategy pivots based on performance
- Leading client performance calls with cross-channel insights
- Promoting an environment of campaign progression through the ownership of testing frameworks, in partnership with channel teams
- Leading marketing and business forecasting exercises for clients
- Ensuring proper creative and analytics team collaboration to deliver successful media campaigns
- Partnering with Client Services to develop frameworks for business reviews, leading the storytelling of cross-channel insights
- Providing client and industry-specific thought leadership
- Driving strategic ideation and innovation across your clients and within the organization, facilitating new channel exploration and new partner RFPs
- Assisting the sales team on pitches for prospective paid media clients
What you bring:
- 6-8 years of experience working in paid media advertising comprising of media activation, multi-channel experience preferred (search, social, programmatic)
- Extensive experience developing, optimizing, analyzing and reporting on paid campaigns across brand and performance objectives
- Experience leading cross-channel client engagements with minimal oversight
- Experience working closely with a given client’s additional agency partners on integrated strategy, planning, and measurement
- Experience working with analytics teams on granular program tracking and performance dashboard creation
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations quickly
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, or related field
Sound like you and piqued your interest? Great - apply today!