Position Description: As a Senior Project Manager, you will facilitate the completion of a program, project, event, or product release. You must have the ability to follow direction from management, manage budgets and deadlines and have a history of successfully promoting teamwork.
Location: Austin, TX
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Develop project plans that identify resource and budgetary needs
- Host project meetings at least once a week with team and managers
- Provide feedback, advice, project updates and encouragement to team members
- Manage deadlines and push the team to ensure timeliness
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed
Required Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree
- 10+ years of experience in project management
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite, and Jira and Invision
- Experience leading teams in agile scrum environment
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a decentralized environment, without the reliance of direct authority.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Broad understanding of current and emerging technology practices.
- High level of initiative, accountability, and follow-through.
- Value strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects and prioritize needs.
- Strong sense of service and passion for the company and business.
- Authorized to legally work for any employer in the United States.
- Willingness to submit to any requested background checks.
- Fluent in English.
Competencies: To perform the essential functions of this position and the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Critical thinking—able to think critically, reason, and apply knowledge learned on the job to the tasks at hand.
- Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; exhibits creativity and a willingness to try new solutions; and appropriately applies problem-solving techniques.
- Confidentiality—operates with the highest level of discretion and maintains complete confidentiality of all business matters.
- Interpersonal skills—thrives in, and fosters, a team-oriented environment; able to establish strong relationships based on a foundation of trust; is able to easily and confidently work with a diverse constituency in regard to cultural backgrounds, levels/roles, and personality differences; remains open to others’ ideas.
- Oral communication— speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and able to effectively make presentations to small or large groups.
- Written communication—drafts products with minimal oversight; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively and accurately; able to skillfully write, read and interpret written information.
- Technical knowledge—possesses thorough knowledge of all operating systems and programs required by this role.
- Leadership—drives results and establishes and follows fundamental goals; successfully manages and motivates employees; proposes innovative solutions; fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment.
- Planning/organizing—effectively prioritizes and plans work activities; manages own time as well as others’ time efficiently and effectively; successfully manages conflicting priorities.
- Communicates key objectives and necessary tactics to meet project requirements/goals.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates needs and makes recommendations for implementation.
- Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—skillfully adapts to changes, delays, or other unexpected events; manages competing demands, priorities, and deadlines; able to coordinate across various time zones.
- Dependability— self-directed, self-accountable, and self-motivated; meets deadlines; attendance is punctual and reliable; able to take direction, follow instructions, and work independently; solicits feedback to improve performance.