Position Description: The UX/UI Designer’s primary focus will be improving the user’s journey as they navigate the companyplatform. They will be executing wireframes, web metrics analysis, sketching, flow modeling, digital prototyping, and building interactions that lead to an improved end-to-end product on both mobile and web. They will work directly with engineering and product leads and routinely present to stakeholders.
Location: Remote/Austin, TX
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other departments to plan, analyze, design, create and maintain the overall structure, organization, appearance, and technical functions of the entire platform
- Create user flows, workflows, wireframes and responsive designs (mobile/web) with great attention to detail
- Create an intuitive user experience and interface
- Conduct user acceptance testing and create user personas
- Always think one step ahead regarding user needs and new upcoming trends that can be leveraged
- Create a process for UX in which business owners, stakeholders, end users and others feel heard
- Expert level experience with graphic design (using InVision, Photoshop, sketch) and wireframe software
- Experience with JavaSript and CSS frameworks (React, React Native, Bootstrap, Material UI)
- Experience with metrics analysis
- Experience with CI/CD, JIRA, git, and AWS
- Demonstrated creativity and high sense of design aesthetic
Required Minimum Education and Experience:
- 5 Years of experience in UX/UI app design
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a decentralized environment, without the reliance of direct authority.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Broad understanding of current and emerging technology practices.
- High level of initiative, accountability, and follow-through.
- Value strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects and prioritize needs.
- Strong sense of service and passion for the company and business.
- Authorized to legally work for any employer in the United States.
- Willingness to submit to requested background checks.
- Fluent in English.
Competencies: To perform the essential functions of this position and the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Critical thinking—able to think critically, reason, and apply knowledge learned on the job to the tasks at hand.
- Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; exhibits creativity and a willingness to try new solutions; and appropriately applies problem-solving techniques.
- Confidentiality—operates with the highest level of discretion and maintains complete confidentiality of all business matters.
- Interpersonal skills—thrives in, and fosters, a team-oriented environment; able to establish strong relationships based on a foundation of trust; is able to easily and confidently work with a diverse constituency in regard to cultural backgrounds, levels/roles, and personality differences; remains open to others’ ideas.
- Oral communication— speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and able to effectively make presentations to small or large groups.
- Written communication—drafts products with minimal oversight; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively and accurately; able to skillfully write, read and interpret written information.
- Technical knowledge—possesses thorough knowledge of all operating systems and programs required by this role.
- Planning/organizing—effectively prioritizes and plans work activities; manages own time as well as others’ time efficiently and effectively; successfully manages conflicting priorities.
- Communicates key objectives and necessary tactics to meet project requirements/goals.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates needs and makes recommendations for implementation.
- Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—skillfully adapts to changes, delays, or other unexpected events; manages competing demands, priorities, and deadlines; able to coordinate across various time zones.
- Dependability— self-directed, self-accountable, and self-motivated; meets deadlines; attendance is punctual and reliable; able to take direction, follow instructions, and work independently; solicits feedback to improve performance.