Authorized to legally work for any employer in the United States. No sponsorship available at this time.
Product Owners are members of the scrum team who manage the entire product development process working in partnership with Product Managers and agile development teams. Product Owners research and determine the clients’ needs to evaluate which features to include on products and will pitch ideas for product features to stakeholders. Product Owners will then continue to act as the primary contact between the scrum teams, product development departments and stakeholders.
They’ll collaborate closely with both the scrum and product development departments to ensure the products meet specific objectives as outlined by stakeholders and clients. After product completion, the Product Owner will conduct a final review and submit their approval before releasing the product to clients. As part of this review, the Product Owner will “accept” the feature performs as designed – user acceptance testing.
Objectives and Responsibilities
Required Minimum Education and Experience:
- Collaborate with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements
- Break down the feature functionality into user journeys and tasks; and prepare it for the development team
- Managing the product backlog based on changing requirements
- Assist in all stages of product creation including design and development
- Participating in Scrum meetings and product sprints
- Test and accept features prior to release
- Education/Certification: 3 Years of experience in product management; Bachelor's degree preferred
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology
- Working knowledge of product development architecture
- Proficiency in the use of analytic tools
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work with large teams
- Understanding of design quality standards
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to prioritize using data and feedback from key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently in a decentralized environment, without the reliance of direct authority.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Broad understanding of current and emerging technology practices.
- High level of initiative, accountability, and follow-through.
- Value strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects and prioritize needs.
- Strong sense of service and passion for the company and business.
- Authorized to legally work for any employer in the United States.
- Willingness to submit to requested background checks.
- Fluent in English.