We’re currently seeking a passionate Android Engineer to join our team. Our Android app and SDKs reaches tens of millions of customers which are also used in our client applications. We specialize in building our mobile experience to delight our fans. As part of this role, you will be responsible for driving, and building our Android applications. Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and be driven to build great UX experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
Skills and experience we’re seeking:
- Develop, test, deliver, as well as enhance world class consumer-facing Android based apps across multiple platforms (Phone, tablet, television, smartwatch/wearables’, etc…)
- Establish architectural principles and select design patterns for implementation.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Building and maintaining Android SDKs utilized in many other popular consumer-facing applications.
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance.
- Partner with project managers, provide technical estimates, and ensure that all project milestones are met.
- Work with other team members, as well as evaluating, researching, and implementing the latest device technology, coding patterns, and OS Frameworks.
- Work collaboratively with peers and teams such as Business Owners, Product and QA to produce amazing products.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- App deployments
- Use CI/CD tools like Jenkins, test fairy and bamboo
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
- 5-7 years’ software development experience building successful production software systems.
- 4+ years of object-oriented software development experience developing complex native Android client applications, with working knowledge and demonstrated experience of Java, Android SDKs and Frameworks.
- Experience with Android Jetpack architecture.
- Solid experience on Kotlin, Kotlin extension functions, coroutines, Livedata
- Experience with material design, firebase crashlytics.
- Experience with dependency injection like Koin.
- Experience with multi-threading and mobile device memory management.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Solid demonstrated experience testing your applications, including writing unit tests, test automation, and working closely with quality assurance teams.
- Experience with efficient client-side integration with Restful and SOAP-based services in high-performance ecosystem.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with a solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.
- Strong technical communication with technical and non-technical peers.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification.