We’re always looking for bright, entrepreneurial and fun people to help us grow!
AXS is a company whose core values reflect a culture that celebrates individual differences, collective achievements, and respect of one another. We start small and are never afraid to try (Be The Spark). We believe open, honest, and proactive communication builds trust and empowers us to be our best (Make it Personal). We handle our problems constructively and together (Be Real). We go above and beyond to build something truly special and lasting (Bring Your ‘A’ Game). Most importantly, we celebrate and communicate our success by recognizing each other across all teams and levels of our organization (Pat The Back).
Our culture is a representation of who we are now, and whom we aspire to be in the future. If you are looking for a fast-paced environment where collaboration, accountability and visibility enable you to make a difference every day, then AXS may be a perfect match.
We’re currently seeking a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our ticketing Engineering team. The ideal candidate enjoys and thrives in working with a variety of tools, languages, systems and architectures while building features and services for our core ticketing systems. You will work with everything from payment systems to our core transactional engine in creating robust and highly scalable software systems that can handle high demand.
What you’ll be doing…
Skills and experience we’re seeking…
- Design, architecht and build new features and enhancements for our frontend systems, backend systems, and tools.
- Create services that power the core of our infrastructure, implementing APIs and features for our mission critical back end products.
- Work with third party’s to make a seamless and integrated experience for our customers and fans
- Optimize throughput and dynamically scale our distributed systems to handle traffic and requests in varying from the tens to hundreds of thousands
- Build scalable public facing APIs that our products and partners connect to.
- Work closely with other engineers, architects, business analysts, and product managers to create innovative solutions that continue to push the boundaries of our business.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high quality code.
- Work on implementing and developing the latest security measures to fight against fraud and malicious bot attacks
- Develop consistent, well tested code on Open Source Programming Languages and Frameworks.
- Takes initiative: stays focused: always accountable. Thrives in a fast paced environment with the ability to focus on achieving the target while minding longer term goals along the way
And you’ll really get our attention if you have…
- Solid technical foundation and experience with service-oriented architectures and web services
- Deep understanding of the software and development life cycle
- Experience with building large scale high performance transactional systems and platforms
- Experience developing API services that are used by multiple systems in a cloud environment.
- Deep understanding of cloud environments
- Ability to architect systems that scale horizontally.
- Experience with language frameworks and interfaces such as Symfony, React
- Experience in working with relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, or PostgreSQL
- Experience using NOSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to execute process and standards around code quality and the deployment lifecycle
- 5+ years of software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or a related experience
- Experience with development in Open Source Technologies such as PHP, Node.js, Python, NGINX, Docker
- Experience with C# and .NET, with a good knowledge of their ecosystems.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Experience leading and mentoring more junior technical resources.
- Proven record of learning new languages, skills and technologies quickly, with minimal guidance.
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD.
- Experience in the ticketing industry or with inventory management system.