Senior Data Analyst
Las Vegas, NV OR Remote in PST, MST, CST
Our client, a startup and leader in payment solutions, brings the gaming industry to cashless payments. Due to the pandemic, there was a necessity for another way to handle money, especially at casinos. The startup is building out their engineering team and they are seeking a Senior Data Analyst. This payment solution is used by millions of patrons and has completed billions of dollars in transactions. They have created the easiest, most secure way to pay for casino gaming and all non-gaming spend with the payment system, including online and on-premise slots, mobile gaming, tables games, and sports. The platform is lauded as a complete game changer for casino resorts, sports betting, and lottery.
What you will do:
- Write queries against SQL Server databases for ETL maintenance, data testing, data organization, reporting and retrieval
- Gather deep knowledge of internal data stores and structure
- Manage schema design to support application development
- Requirements gathering, testing, and assisting with promotion of new code
- Perform assigned tasks and projects while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Be a technical resource and work closely with API customers, product owners inside and outside of the business, QA, IT, project and program managers
- Identify and isolate existing and potential technical data issues
- Meet and report as needed to leadership and all stakeholders
- Spot opportunities for improvement of products and processes
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server and writing complex SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions
- 5+ years of experience with schema design, data indexing and storage, using best practices and always keeping the customer’s needs in mind
- Strong skills and experience in ETL management and maintenance
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as TFS, JIRA, VersionOne
- Experience with reporting platforms such as PowerBi, Looker, SSRS, Tableau and others.
- Experience with MS Power BI is preferred
- Experience in requirements gathering and development of functional specs
- Experience in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience working with product owners
- Solid customer service skills and orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in CS or related degree OR equivalent experience
- Experience and Knowledge of MVC, WCF, JSON, XML and being able to explain the differences between structured /unstructured data.
Nice to Have
- Basic understanding and or experience with Cloud database technologies such as Snowflake and Azure
- Basic understanding of data warehouse concepts such as star and snowflake schema.