We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team in Cleveland, OH. The ideal candidate enjoys and thrives in working with a variety of tools, languages, systems and architectures while building features and services for our core ticketing systems. You will work with everything from payment systems to our core transactional engine in creating robust and highly scalable software systems that can handle high demand.
What You’ll Do
- Create services that power the core of our infrastructure, implementing APIs and features for our mission critical products.
- Design and build new features and enhancements for our systems and tools.
- Optimize throughput and scale our distributed systems to handle massive spikes in traffic and requests.
- Build scalable public facing APIs that our products and partners connect to.
- Work closely with other engineers, architects and product managers to create innovative solutions that continue to push the boundaries of our business.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high-quality code.
- Develop consistent, well tested code on the .NET framework.
- Takes initiative: stays focused: always accountable. Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to focus on achieving the target while minding longer term goals along the way
What to Bring
- 3-5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with development in .NET technologies
- Solid technical foundation and experience with service-oriented architectures and web services.
- Understanding of the software and development life cycle.
- Experience with building large scale high performance transactional systems and platforms.
- Experience developing API services that are used by multiple systems in a cloud environment in a microservice architecture.
- Understanding of cloud environments and Infrastructure as code.
- Proficient with C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experience in working with relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Excellent communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or a related experience
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks (React.js, Angular.js) along with CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS) and Build tools (Webpack, Gulp)
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Experience leading and mentoring more junior technical resources
- Experience with Git version control and Git flow
- Proven record of learning new languages, skills and technologies quickly, with minimal guidance
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD.
- Ticketing industry experience