Associate Operations Manager
Full Time/ Perm
We are seeking an Associate Operations Manager for our client, a startup based in downtown Austin, TX. They are a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that simplifies the engineering process, workflows and infrastructure through containerization in an extremely secure cloud environment. If you know what that means, all the better!
We are hoping for an enthusiastic Austinite who loves to build a fun and positive work environment for a bunch of remote engineers. This position will also manage the office operations, including the kitchen ordering and stocking, shipping and receiving, anything and everything else to keep the office humming. The role will also be providing support to the executive team on various projects and initiatives. The position will be in the downtown office 3+ days a week and the office and building have vigorous covid regulations and cleaning processes and there is free parking!
Ideally, the Associate Operations Manager will have experience with a tech startup that understands what makes an engineer tick, laugh and enjoy themselves. Position will be a part of the Operations team and works closely with HR and Project Management. There are so many great career advancement opportunities at this early stage startup. Come grow with them.
What you will do:
- Organize and juggle several projects at once
- Build a great company culture with online activities that actually interest engineers
- Manage the shipping and receiving of in-home office equipment to employees around the US and Canada
- Order food and drinks for the office kitchen and keep it stocked
- Support the executive team including scheduling and assist with projects, programs and initiatives
- Identify inefficiencies and make them better
- Be proactive
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience with providing administrative support and/or operational management, preferably both
- 1+ year of experience working in a tech startup and enjoyed it
- Project management experience
- Vendor management experience
- Ability and desire to go into the office 3+ days a week