Remote- First (USA and Canada)
We are seeking a Solutions Architect for our client, a remote-first startup based in Austin, TX. They are a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that simplifies the engineering process, workflows and infrastructure through containerization in an extremely secure cloud environment. The goal is to make any engineering team's remote and local development indistinguishable, providing all the benefits of the cloud without having to give up the tools they use daily. This is the most forward thinking and ground breaking technology to support developers.
As the company grows its enterprise offerings and customizable features, this role will provide overall client contact and support, technical expertise conceptualizing and building architecture and ensure client success and satisfaction. This role requires great interpersonal and technical skills in order to successfully manage the customer lifecycle. A background as a software developer or DevOps engineer with hands-on experience using Kubernetes, Docker, and IaaS providers will be very important.
What you will do:
- Become the expert on the company’s products, functions, features, and benefits communicating how product can create value for prospective customers
- Design and deliver product presentations/demos based on customer assessment
- Lead customer on-boarding, periodic reviews, and proactively alert them of any impending issues.
- Internal and externally point person during pre- and post-sales, deployment, maintenance and upgrade delivery, working with cross functional teams on both sides
- Work in a fluid environment, making decisions and solving problems
- Work with Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm on a daily basis
- Updating product docs, writing how-to guides and statements of work for contracts
What you bring:
- 5 or more years of technical sales experience, preferably with a B2B focused startup with excellent customer service skills
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes (K8), Docker and Linux
- Experience as a developer and with cloud based services and products
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to liaison between engineering and nontechnical stakeholders
- Experience creating and delivering effective technical presentations and demonstrations
- Proven problem solver with success producing results and happy customers in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Degree in Computer Science is preferred