Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Los Angeles Area
Our client is a rising leader in the world of sustainability for the world’s food supply. The company is a startup and growing fast and scaling globally. The Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) would be coming in on the ground floor to put structure in place needed to help form the company culture and provide advice and coaching to business leaders regarding strategy and employees. If you are looking for an exciting startup environment in one of the most established industries in the world, let’s talk about how you can directly impact the world in the most positive way.
The position reports directly to the Director of HR Business Partners and will work in a new team that provides guidance to business leaders across product, business and functional teams. The role will be working closely with stakeholders in developing the talent agenda that aligns with the company’s priorities, ensuring a positive, diverse, inclusive and engaged workforce.
What you will do:
What you bring:
- Partner with business leaders and teams to identify talent opportunities, create solutions and develop strategies to ensure positive results in developing growth opportunities for employees in a meaningful way
- Partner with business leaders to ensure solid succession plan is in place for critical roles
- Design and implement employee engagement surveys, analyzing and presenting results to then develop action plans to improve results
- Change agent for various projects such as communication initiatives, internal growth opportunities and HR partnerships
- Initiate programs that focus on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Provide guidance and best practices to leadership in key decisions related to all employment-related matters
- Lead employee investigations, ensuring compliance at every turn with appropriate outcomes and follow-up
- 7+ years of relevant human resources generalist experience
- 5+ years of experience managing HRBP duties, preferably in a biotech, science, food production, or similar corporate environment is preferred
- Must have expertise in employee relations
- Understanding of all core aspects of HR management including performance management, leadership development, labor law, compliance, compensation, benefits, etc.
- Proven success in critical thinking and effective problem solving skills are required
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work effectively and stay flexible in ambiguous business situations
- Strong data analytics background with the ability to report and present on findings and apply results to action plans
- Must possess consultative style/approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in human resources or related field
- SHRM certifications are preferred