Our client is revolutionizing the way people learn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience.
Their Vancouver, BC team is growing and looking to add their first Design Manager to lead and grow the design team and practices in UX, Design, and Research. You'll collaborate with the Director of Product Design and other departments to deliver exceptional work. You'll work closely with members of the design team to help them be effective and unpack strategies into projects that align with customer and business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
What you bring:
- Leading, inspiring, mentoring, and growing a team of Product Designers, distilling complex problems and proposing solutions that adhere to UX best practices
- Providing constructive feedback, mentoring, and coaching designers
- Contributing to overall company strategy and advocating for the Product Design team’s role
- Contributing to all aspects of product development from ideation to post-launch evaluation
- Establishing product design principles, processes, and standards to ensure we're building a best-in-class product
- Collaborating with other departments to remove roadblocks for designers
- Fostering an environment that balances high performance with happiness and healthy
- Demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit in solving problems and overcoming obstacles
Sounds like you & piqued your interest? Great - apply now!
- 5+ years digital product design experience (some SaaS experience preferred)
- Passion for managing a design team
- Customer-obsessed with a proven history of making data-driven decisions to prioritize and ship products successfully in a high-paced environment
- A strong body of work that demonstrates skills, craft, thinking, and expertise
- Willingness and ability to do design production work