Our client creates and designs tools for efficient living. They bring technology into everyday life and find ways to streamline simple tasks. Think well-designed trash cans that respond to voice commands, mirrors that speak with Alexa, and soap pumps that dispense with a wave of the hand.
The team is looking to grow their office in Torrance, California and is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join its Product development team, working primarily with all new electronic products as well as existing product improvements. This role includes designing and implementing tests before product launches, debugging and defining corrective actions, and to ensure that the hardware and software runs smoothly.
What you’ll do:
- Perform manual and automated testing
- Identify, isolate and track bugs throughout testing
- Create test plan and document test cases
- Code automated tests
- Review code changes and assess risk and impact
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Liaise with internal teams (hardware/firmware engineers, program managers) to identify system requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- Experience with designing automated test processes for hardware based products.
- Experience with automated testing platforms, such as Labview or Docklight.
- Fluency in languages including Java, Python and C.
- Experience with software or firmware testing experience with mass produced products (Embedded systems and iOS/Android Apps).
- High level of understanding of software development structure, IDE of OS (Linux/RTOS) and non OS based systems.
- Familiarity with electronics circuit and black box testing related to safety and performance
- Strong attention to detail and organization