Head of Email Marketing
El Segundo, Los Angeles
Our client, a digital agency based in Los Angeles, is looking for their Head of Email Marketing to lead and grow the team and build solutions that will exceed the arising needs of ambitious clients. If you can build and execute against long-term plans, have experience managing and growing a team, and can inspire passion and confidence in employees and clients alike, you could be a great match for this role!
What you'll be doing:
- Managing a team of 8+ individuals at various levels ranging from coordinators to an Associate Director
- Directly managing one high profile account to remain current on applicable technology, tactics and industry trends
- Leading the recruitment, retention, and professional development of the email marketing team while continuously refining the training process and materials for new hires
- Providing growth mapping, goal setting, and conducting semi-annual performance reviews
- Coaching direct reports on foundational skills, including clear communication, expectation setting, rapport building, active listening and conflict de-escalation
- Driving email marketing opportunities and solutions for clients, which include developing prospecting plans to drive list growth, integration with CRM tools, LTV, retention analysis, tactical expertise, and measurement of email programs
- Overseeing and facilitating the on-boarding of new accounts that fall under direct reports
- Interfacing with direct reports’ clients to collect feedback, articulate value, present strategy and strengthen the relationship
- Identifying critical client/account issues and escalate them to appropriate executives in a timely manner
- Accountable for the quality of all email marketing plans/strategies/services delivered to clients as well as client satisfaction
- Improving team operational processes, workflows, quality assurance, and tools to drive efficiency and accuracy of team output.
- Assisting sales team on audits, decks and pitches for prospective email marketing clients
- Reporting to SVP and other upper executives on key client service pillars: same-store growth, retention, new business and partnerships
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to capture and share learnings while providing thought leadership for all things related to Email Marketing – emerging trends, institute best practices for email marketing across teams and offices and collaborate on supporting and reaching holistic agency goals
- Leading email-related discussions and partake in internal or public speaking opportunities
- Keeping up-to-date knowledge on core digital marketing channels, including paid search, email marketing, SEO, content marketing, and programmatic
What you bring:
Sound like you and piqued your interest? Great - Apply today!
- 5-7 years of experience working in email marketing and omni-channel campaign experience within an agency/client environment
- Minimum of 2 years prior staff management with development and mentoring experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute email marketing strategies, plans, and programs for clients in a variety of industries.
- Strong experience with marketing automation: campaign creation, database management, integration with CRM, end-to-end reporting
- Working knowledge with Marketing Automation Platforms such as Marketo, Hubspot, ExactTarget, Eloqua, Silverpop, Pardot, Sharpspring, etc.
- The proven ability to be innovative and strategic in creating and managing an email marketing discipline within an agency/business; including budget management and resource planning
- Willingness to monitor accounts and address client/personnel issues as needed outside of operational hours
- A track record of participating in successful new business pitches.
- Experience strategizing and executing comprehensive list segmentation, life cycle drip automations and triggered events within an ESP
- Hands-on experience with ESPs such as: Klaviyo, Listrak, Pardot, Mailchimp, Bronto, Sendgrid, Responsys, Hubspot, etc
- Working knowledge with data analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Omniture
- Solid experience using Google suite, Excel, Powerpoint, Keynote, and Asana
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations quickly
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for STEM degrees