Our client creates and designs tools for efficient living. They bring technology into everyday life and find ways to streamline simple tasks. Think well-designed trash cans that respond to voice commands, mirrors that speak with Alexa, and soap pumps that dispense with a wave of the hand.
The team is looking to grow their office in Torrance, California and is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer
to join its Product team, working primarily in new product introduction (NPI). This role includes mechanical design and product development, and will have product category responsibility.
What you’ll do:
What you have:
- Mechanical design and development
- Identify critical function areas and ensure proper documentation for efficient debug
- Review designs for manufacturability – ease of assembly, part mold ability, cosmetic risks, etc.
- Build prototypes and conduct DOEs -- Test, measure and validate prototypes and sample builds
- Review first article parts and assemblies while finding solutions to problems
- Work with the engineering team and the manufacturing facility to ensure product readiness for manufacturing
- Oversee critical manufacturing phases – from test runs to production
- Maintain mechanical CAD database
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Fluency in CAD software. Expertise in Creo preferred; must be functional in Solidworks
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies such as plastic injection molding, die casting, plastic and metal extrusion, metal stamping
- 5-8 years of success in launching high volume consumer electronics with contract manufacturers
- Organized project management
- Clear verbal and written communications