Our client creates and designs tools for efficient living. They drive innovation and create new ways for technology to help streamline simple tasks. Their products include beautiful trash cans that respond to voice commands, mirrors that speak with Alexa, and soap dispensers that use sensor technology. They are continuing to drive high-tech at-home innovation with their products in this exciting space.
Creating more technology-enabled products in the home that will change the way we live where innovation is at the forefront. The engineering team is growing fast and are looking for an experienced Linux Embedded Software Engineer to help build, design, and develop new products. This position is brand new and will have a direct impact on the product eco-system, working on award-winning products with cutting-edge technology building out the next generation of in-home tech.
This role reports to the Director, Electronics Engineering.
Embedded Software Engineer - Linux
What you’ll be doing:
- Help define the future of speech recognition and machine-vision AI computing, by developing beautiful code that will go into production
- Develop, modify, test, and troubleshoot for all stages of the product lifecycle
- Write low-level code on Linux-based systems, including drivers and middleware
- Be excellent in C/C++ programming for low power devices
- Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to build with world-class products
- Iterate quickly without sacrificing quality
What you bring:
Would be great if you had:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience developing embedded Linux applications on ARM CPUs
- Strong C/C++ and OS/systems programming experience
- Expertise with programming in Python and shell scripting in a professional capacity
- Experience with wireless connectivity life WiFi and Bluetooth
- Understand hardware and drivers: SDIO, USB, GPIO, audio and video
- Experience with Voice Assistant technology
- Machine Vision AI experience: OpenCV, Tensorflow, Caffe, Rekognition
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) with emphasis on Audio and Images