Our client is known for creating meaningful connections to a global audience and now progressing into the digital age with cutting-edge technology, multimedia content, and TV & Online programming with digital subscription services and new projects in the works. They operate as a growth-mode startup and the digital arm of a global greeting cards enterprise.
Their Santa Monica office is looking for a QA Automation Engineer who thrives in fast-paced environments, but isn’t afraid to speak up for quality when under pressure for release. If you enjoy working in automation testing for mobile (iOS or Android) alongside API and microservices testing, then your experience is just what they want! This role will also involve functional, systems integration, and browser compatibility testing, and the ideal fit will be someone with excellent communication skills, a love of collaboration, and the desire to learn!
What you’ll be doing:
What you bring:
- Ensure timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production
- Work with other engineers in an agile environment to drive improvements in product quality via gray box and black box testing
- Write automated test cases on the automation framework using Python and Selenium/Appium
- Collaborate across teams and departments to prevent, report, track, and resolve defects
- Participate in creating and clarifying User Stories and in planning Sprints
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Create and maintain detailed and clear test plans and test case suites
- At least 3 years of experience in:
- Quality Assurance Testing mobile applications, websites, and APIs in an Agile environment
- Selenium, Appium, or other test automation tools
- Python or any other OOP language
Sound like you and piqued your interest? Great! Apply today!
- Ability to write clear defect reports and understand product requirements
- Comfortable working on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- Familiarity with proxy tools like Charles or Fiddler
- Experience with Calabash and familiarity with device farm testing like BrowserStack