Our client is known for creating meaningful connections to a global audience and now progressing into the digital age with cutting-edge technology, multimedia content, TV & online programming with digital subscription services and new projects in the works.
The Santa Monica company is growing and looking to add a Senior Project Manager to the newly created PMO that will oversee the Cloud Infrastructure development and implementation for every aspect of the business. Position will work closely with DevOps, Infosec, IT, Platform as well as manage vendor and corporate relationships.
This role reports directly to the Director of Project Management and works very closely with the VP of DevOps.
What you’ll be doing:
What you bring:
- Develop and execute project plans to deliver complex technology projects and coach, support and inspire while managing risks, scope, dependencies, cost, schedule, and quality
- Drive effective daily scrum meetings, backlog refinement, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Identify, understand, and track impediments; help remove them and drive improvements to optimize how the team works
- Track and report to show team progress and velocity
- Coordinate with 3rd parties / external agencies and collaborators as needed
- Communicate with regularity project status with stakeholders and act as a mediator between stakeholders and project team members
- 5 + years' experience of project and/or program management in B2C or B2B technology companies, managing multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with modern DevOps principles, network theory, modern server & container-based architecture, CI/CD, automation tools and AWS
- 5+ years' experience with Agile software development practices and modern tools such as Jira (Atlassian)
- Experience using project management software such as Omniplan and MS Project
- Experience managing vendors and internal and external stakeholders
- B.S. Degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent or additional 4 years of professional experience in tech environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented background
- One or more related certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner(PMI-ACP)
- Good tenure in work history
Icing on the cake:
- 5+ years' experience in project or program management for cloud-based products/infrastructure to support multiple consumer facing websites and mobile apps that rely on IaaS, platform and microservice based architectures
- Professional experience working at tech startups or consumer-facing technology or subscription-based cloud services companies
Sound like you and piqued your interest? Great! Apply today!