Our client is serving the digital, multimedia content, online programming industry as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand greeting cards.
Their engineering team is based in Santa Monica and they are growing and looking to add a Database Engineer
a move from legacy database systems to updated RDSs and infrastructure build-out on microservices for all internal engineering teams and new initiatives coming, you would be working along side a small team of exceptional database engineers.
This role reports directly to the Database Engineering Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
What you bring:
- As a Database Engineer for Hallmark Labs, you will be responsible for updating and merging legacy databases systems to MySQL Enterprise and Aurora RDS
- Building out the infrastructure of new databases systems with AWS and microservices
- Collaborate within team and cross-functional teams to help execute our roadmap in a developing shared services model with continuous projects on the horizon
- Data modeling and performance tuning, along with monitoring and maintenance as needed keeping security and disaster recovery in mind on all projects
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years of database engineering development with recent experience with building infrastructure and extensive DBA experience
- Hands-on experience with open source databases preferably MySQL
- Cloud experience, preferably AWS
- 3+ years of professional experience with data modeling and performance tuning experience in linux or unix environments
Sound like you and piqued your interest? Great! Apply today!
- Experience with MySQL and knowledge of MySQL Enterprise RDS, Aurora RDS, Nextgen node clusters
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with Kafka and experience or knowledge of Management Kafka, datadog for monitoring
- Database disaster recovery and security experience