Our client is a leading interactive mobile gaming company, with players all around the world playing one or more of their bite-sized games. They have developed over 200 fun titles and have conquered mobile by granting its 342MM enchanted users with advertising they actually want.
Their San Francisco team is growing, and are looking to bring on a Sr. Backend Engineer that will be working with the Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of their Ads Platform.
This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering
Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, California
What you'll be doing:
What you’ll bring:
- Partner with DevOps and architects to design backend systems
- Design & Develop highly scalable platform that handles billions of request per day
- Communicate cross-functionally with product & peer engineering teams
- Write in code with programming languages and manage databases: Java & SQL database and building API services
- Able to mentor junior engineers in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve with changing technologies
- A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years with hands on experience on web services including Java
- Experience with NoSQL systems, Dynamo DB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience with cloud based platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Preferred Knowledge of tools like Gradle, Jenkins, & test automation
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry (plus)
- Preferred Knowledge with open Source Technologies such as Google BigQuery, Docker, etc.